Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nothing like blogging while watching flightless birds play hockey...

Hey all!  Once again, sorry I've been away so long.  As you probably already know, last week we had a crafting day, and Colleen, Holly, and myself worked on projects to sell for our shop.  Unfortunately I got sick right after that and haven't been able to get online to post my creations.  So here it is!  The long awaited post of what I got done that day!




TA DA!  Aren't they cute?  The green and gold rose was actually made a couple days before we all got together but I hadn't gotten a picture of it yet so it got to be included in the group shot.  The other night I was researching different techniques on how to make fabric roses, and that's how the green and gold one was born.  It's a combination of a few different things I read about, with a starting step of my own design.  The little pink striped ones are actually a technique I found in my research.  It was really quick and easy, and I think they turned out brilliantly!  If you'd like to see how I made them, this is the tutorial I used: http://createanddelegate.blogspot.com/2010/04/tutorial-shabby-fabric-roses.html

The bracelet is just a simple hemp and embroidery floss bracelet with a button clasp for the "Cute as a Button" were working on.  It's been so long since I've worked on bracelets like that, that I forgot how tedious they are to make. Lol.

Remember in my last post how I said I wanted to learn how to make kanzashi?  Well, I started working on that, and I actually made my first kanzashi flower!  It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, and I really need to find instructions that tell you how to put it together better.  The ones I have just tell you how to make the individual petals, but doesn't really go into detail about constructing it into a flower shape.  And I would very much like to share the photo with you but, for some reason the blog is telling me that the image is "server rejected" even though it's my own personal photo.  Well, now it's Holly's backpack, and hopefully I'll be able to post a picture of it another time when the server decides it actually wants to cooperate with me.  If not, I'll just post pictures of my next attempt for you to see!

Well that's all I have for you for now.  Blog again soon!

<3 Amanda

p.s. there's something really awesome in the works to be debuting soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i read EVERY SINGLE comment and i try to respond as best as possible, so check back if you've had a question or would just like to chat! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...