Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fun things!

Hello everyone!

I'm finally taking some time to blog.  It's been a crazy past few weeks, and most of it spent working.  Ok, all of it spent working.  Lol.  As I've been slowly coming to realize, I have no life outside of working, and sadly, this is something other people are starting to notice too.  But remember from my last post when I said I was going to post whatever doodles I came up with that night, well I've got them!  Personally my favorite it the little chibi geisha.  I just think she's adorable, and to make her a little more authentic looking, I was watching "Memoirs of a Geisha" at the time.

And guess what?  I have another sketch for you!  This one is of the costume I'm putting together for Fright Nights at Kennywood, the local amusement park.  I'll be working it starting on Sept 30 and every weekend after that til the end of Oct.  So I'll apologize now for being quiet during that month.  My Friday and Saturdays for that month are going to consist of double shifts from 830 and 10am- 1am, and then my regular work schedule the rest of the week.  Needless to say I'm going to be damn tired by the end of it!  Lol.  Anyway, back to the sketch of the costume!  Its going to be mostly black with black and white striped, renaissance style pants.  The idea behind it is a voodoo type, renaissance style witch doctor.  I'm going to make latex inserts that can be sewn into cuts in a pair of long gloves that look like wounds, and on the hands you'll be able to see the exposed bone from underneath the skin.  And the most important part of the costume, and the entire inspiration, which I still need to purchase, is the mask.  It's black and white diamond patterned, and I found it the day I went down to the costume shop on the south side in Pittsburgh about a month ago.  Once its done, and fright nights is over, I'll have pictures of all my makeup jobs, and the finished costume.

Now onto the main event!  When I was at work yesterday unpacking boxes, I found a new book entitled "Witch Craft".  I didn't even have to flip through it all the way to know that I wanted it.  And here it is!

  Gotcha didn't I?  You really thought it was about witch craft.  I'm personally not into those practices, but this kind of witch craft I can totally get in to!  There are so many cute ideas in here, and patterns that I could make my own, and fun desserts!  Seriously, this book has me totally in the Halloween spirit!!!  Damn it!  Now I want to go work on things.  So I will bid you all adieu for the night and hopefully write soon!

XOXO
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

i read EVERY SINGLE comment and i try to respond as best as possible, so check back if you've had a question or would just like to chat! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...