Friday, March 25, 2011

Etsy, Etsy, Etsy.

So as of recent I've been spending a lot of time (and money) on Etsy. I figured I'd share with you some of my favorite purchases and artists on there while I take a break from making things for the Etsy we here at Order & Chaos intend to open.

I love this thing! I wear it all of the time. It is made of vintage leather scraps and hand cut pages. And yes, it opens and is completely functional.
 

and

I've worn this necklace pretty much every day since it arrived. I get compliments on it all of the time. I haven't found the right occasion to bust out the earrings but when the time comes you can be sure I'll rock them with style. I am Coco, after all.

And I just scooped these up today. I can't wait for them to arrive.
 

I fell in love with her art the moment I saw it and I just couldn't resist this book. I can't wait to get it so that I can see all of the amazing detail she put into it. Seriously, look through the images to see what I mean.
This shop is donating all of their profits this month to relief efforts in Japan and I fell in love with the imagery of the origami crane and the meaning behind it. Japanese legend says that anyone who folds 1000 origami cranes will be granted a wish of their choice, such as prosperity or recovery from an injury or illness. It is my hope that this crane will help Japan recover from the damaging effects of the earthquake and tsunami. Although they are not trying to sell 1000, I think it would be amazing if they did.
Yesterday I posted about Arts & Crafts United For Japan and their charity auction. I spent a good deal of today with my jewelry making supplies and cranked out a few pieces that I'll be submitting. I plan to make more over the course of the next week. Expect pictures when mom gets back with my laptop.

Love & muffins,
Coco.

1 comment:

i read EVERY SINGLE comment and i try to respond as best as possible, so check back if you've had a question or would just like to chat! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...