Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A computer does not make a good cohost....lol

If I had sat down an hour ago, I would've known exactly what I wanted to write, however I seem to have lost that particular string of thoughts, so here's to this making any sense at all!  First off, sorry it took me so long to post, with holly already 3 or 4 posts ahead of me, it seems I have some catching up to do.

Wish I could say today was eventful, but I spent the entirety of it inside my house with some sort of stomach flu.  But it's OK, because I was able to finally watch all the movies I've been wanting to see for a while.  Movies are my passion and the reason I chose to study special make up effects, a little fact holly posted about earlier.  Anyway, during my 4 movie marathon, I've been up since 7:30am and the marathon started at 10am, I actually learned some things that I would like to share with you.


First movie of the day-Young Victoria
Did you know that Queen Victoria was only 17 when she took the throne?  Not only that but she was not the King of England's daughter, she was actually his niece.  She married Prince Albert, and together they had 9 children and have royal families in numerous countries.  And to this day she holds the record for being the sovereign with the longest rule, 20 years.  There was also one little romantic fact that I appreciated that they mentioned at the end of the film.  After her husband died at age 42 of typhoid, Victoria laid out his clothes everyday until her own death.  If that doesn't show true love I don't know what does.


Second movie of the day-The Bourne Identity
Didn't really learn anything from this movie, except to not get in Matt Damon's way!  He will kick your ass, and probably kill you.

Third movie of the day-The Informant!
Not sure why I watched 2 Matt Damon movies, it was unintentional and just kind happened.  What I learned from this, Matt Damon looks terrible with a mustache, and even worse bald.  Please Matt Damon, try everything you can to never lose your hair!  It's just frightening.

Fourth movie of the day-An Education
Pretty sure this is the second time this poster has appeared in our blog, but I don't care because it's a wonderful movie!  When I was trying to locate this on ondemand, I learned that comcast has no idea how to alphabetize.  I mean they had this movie listed under "e" when it should probably be put under "a".  Actually, I watched this movie in 2 parts, took a small break to eat dinner and migrate to the couch in the basement instead of the upstairs living room.  While watching this I was flipping through an issue of "More" magazine and read a very interesting article about another film makeup artist who started her own million dollar company selling halloween type makeup.  Reading about her success really inspired me, as did this film, and I had a thought.

For a while I've been wanting to learn how to make a wig, and once I have I'd like to sell them in the shop.  There are so many wigs out there that are super expensive, or really cheap.  I would love to make decent wigs more accessible to people.  And what woman hasn't thought about changing her hair, but doesn't want to do anything permanent?  I know I have!  So note to self-learn how to make a good, well made wig.

That's all I got for now, so I think I'm gonna call it a night and here's to feeling better in the morning!
<3 Amanda

p.s. blame conan for the posts title

1 comment:

  1. OMG! hahha! i didn't think you were ever going to post anything! this is good, it's witty and informative!

    love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete

i read EVERY SINGLE comment and i try to respond as best as possible, so check back if you've had a question or would just like to chat! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...